If you have any team Photos from HTA Junior Grand Finals please send with names of players and Division to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will send to Courier over the weekend for publication in the next few weeks..
Please read all of the information below carefully – we know it’s lengthy, but it’s important.
It’s been really tricky for the HTA to decide how to proceed in these uncertain times. We strongly believe that the physical, mental and social benefits of being physically active and interacting within our strong community are important. We have made the decisions below based on information from Tennis Australia (see Community Tennis Guidelines for Continued Play attached to this post), Tennis SA, the Office of Recreation, Sport and Racing and the Federal Government’s current regulations.
Please note that the information below may change at short notice.
At this point, Senior Preliminary finals for this weekend are set to go ahead, with the following requirements/safeguards:
- Any player who is uncomfortable about playing, should notify SAC or DAC. Everyone has the right to choose what is best for them, and there will be no judgement, criticism or penalty if they choose not to play on the day. Committees will be more flexible with permit approvals. These absences will not be considered
forfeits, and SAC & DAC will decide on the best outcome for each match on a
case by case basis.
- Any player who is feeling unwell MUST NOT attend any match.
- Each venue will have only 1 match, except Anembo Park, where the 3 matches will be spread out. See the Prelim Summary attached. Based on this, there will be no more than 16 players at any one match.
- Clubs are NOT to open their clubrooms or provide any facilities except toilets.
- Players to provide their own food, drinks, seating etc
- Players to avoid handshakes and use other ways to congratulate opponents and to keep appropriate “social distance” at all times.
- Due to the lack of availability, players to bring their own hand sanitiser and other
hand cleaning products to use before and after the match
- Only those people essential to the playing of the match should attend – this may be
difficult in finals, but please encourage excess spectators to stay away.
- Practise common sense personal hygiene – cover mouth when coughing, sneezing etc, frequent hand washing. If feeling unwell leave the match immediately.
After feedback from Clubs, the JAC has decided to onclude the Junior HTA Tennis Finals this weekend. Friday night teams will play their Grand Finals as scheduled. Saturday Finals will be played by the 2 Teams who finished 1 and 2 at the end of the minor round. See Match Centre for details.
The same safeguards and requirements as listed above also apply to Junior matches. Additional information has been provided to clubs for Court Supervisors to read to the players and spectators prior to the finals. The situation with Covid-19 is changing every day and we thank you for your understanding with the measures we have taken to complete the 2019/20 season.
HTA Management Committee
This is a reminder the following hosting clubs of Junior finals this week must pick up Plaques/Medals from Mt Barker TC Thursday night from 5pm-7pm:
Stirling, Piccadilly, Littlehampton, Aldgate, Onkaparinga, Echunga, Mt Barker and Crafers.
- The current advice from the World Health Organisation and State and Federal governments is that gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled. Our Hills Senior finals would have gatherings of 50 people maximum.
- Tennis is a non-contact sport with minimal physical interaction. Players may, as a precaution, choose to avoid shaking hands at the end of a match and to perhaps use personal hand sanitisers for further protection if they wish.
The HTA Junior Semi-Finals are loaded on the League Manager software. Please find this document below also with the draws and times. Good Luck to all players in the finals for 2020.
For further information CLICK HERESenior and Doubles Activities Committees
- In Match Centre, it’s the red box at the top of the scorecard – click it, then choose washout.
- In League Manager, click the three dots on the right side of the scorecard, the choose “Mark this match as not played/completed”. Then choose the cancel reason as Washout.
- Don’t forget to save!
Do you know any HTA members who have been affected by the recent bushfires?
The HTA is looking to support any of our members whose families have been affected by the recent bushfires. Our Constitution does not allow us to make cash donations, but we are able to give Sports vouchers, which may, in a very small way, help get life back to normal for those affected.
If you or someone you know was hit by the fires, please send the following information to the HTA via Jo Casey (email@example.com). Once verified, we will get in touch and distribute vouchers.
- Name of family affected
- How they are connected to the HTA – eg comp played
- A general idea of what was lost in the fire – eg everything including house, land only, stock, other property
- Contact email for them
HTA Management Committee
The 2020 Country Carnival held from Thursday January 9th to Sunday 12th January 2020 close Friday 6th December (9 days). Please register at the post below to avoid disappointment as spots filling fast. This event is played at Kensington Garden Lawn Tennis Club and is free to juniors in the HTA. It is a fantastic event representing HTA, playing against other teams from around the state and is lots of fun for all.
The Country Carnival has been a tradition for country tennis players for many decades. This year it is being played on the magnificent lawn courts at Kensington Gardens from Thursday 9th January until Sunday 12th of January.
Nominations are open for any junior player in the HTA in 4 different age groups (10, 12, 14, 16 and under). Teams consist of 4 players per team and represent Hills Tennis Association. The Hills Tennis Association pay for junior nominations, so it is free to play.
The HTA is accepting nominations of complete teams to compete in the Open Adult Teams Events. The cost is $82 per team of 4 players. Seniors will play from Friday 10th – Sunday 12th January. Gather up some mates – from your own or another club and submit your team.
Seniors formats are as follows:
Senior Men’s Teams event 1 x Double to 9 games; 1 Single to 6 games per player
Senior Women’s Teams event 1 x Double to 9 games; 1 Single to 6 games per player
Mixed Team’s event 3 x Doubles to 6 games per player
This is a great event, don’t miss out, register now. Nominations close Friday 6th December 2019.
Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) training will be held on Sunday, 24 November 2019 from 9:30am – 1:30pm. Tennis SA strongly recommends that each club has at least one person performing this important role.
Nominations are now open, with limited spaces are available. Successful completion will enable the participant to register with Sport Australia as a recognised MPIO and get ongoing access to support materials. The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing recommends that active recreation organisations aim to appoint one or two Member Protection Information Officers.
The MPIO’s role is to provide appropriate advice to the club around their Member Protection Policy when issues arise. The MPIO is also responsible for providing information about a person’s rights and responsibilities and options available when making a complaint or raising a concern, as well as support during the process. The MPIO does not investigate or attempt to resolve a complaint.
To become an MPIO and be registered with Sport Australia a person must:
• Register for free online training at http://learning.ausport.gov.au and complete all MPIO modules. Then save their certificate of completion.
• Attend a free face to face MPIO training session at ORSR
• Complete registration with Sport Australia (using the unique link provided) following the completion of both the online and face to face courses
Registration for the course on 24 November 2019 is available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WHL9BNB or can be found via the Courses and Events page on the ORSR website http://ors.sa.gov.au/upcoming_courses_and_events
The intended participant is required to upload their online MPIO Certificate of Completion during the registration process or alternatively the Certificate can be emailed direct to MT Smith (see contact details below) prior to attending the training session.
For further information, contact:
Marie-Therese Smith | Senior Project Officer – Sport Culture and Ethics | Infrastructure and Sector Capability
Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing
The Junior Season is nearly 2 weeks away and the Draw for 2019/20 Season has been published on League Manager and Match Centre. It is now time to add players to the competition and this will be sent to the junior co-ordinators a "how to". Good luck to all players and thankyou to volenteers for all of your support in club,
The 19-20 Program for the Midweek competition is now available. Visit the Midweek Competition page here to get your copy. The League will also be available in Match Centre shortly.
The HTA Rules of Match and Play for the 2019-20 Season have been updated and are now available to view. Changes from last season (which relate mainly to the Senior Saturday Doubles change in format) are highlighted in aqua blue.
If you have a child in Year 6 or 7 who is interested in trying out for this year’s Hills SAPSASA Tennis Team, please download and complete the form and return as per instructions.
The first trial is being held Tuesday 17th September at Anembo Park. SAPSASA Tennis will run 4th – 7th November at Seacliff Tennis Courts.
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
Nominations are now open for the Midweek Tuesday Comp. Please complete the form below, before Sept 30 2019. Contact Robyn if you require further information – firstname.lastname@example.org. Competition starts on the 15th October 2019.
Believe it or not, the Summer tennis season is rolling around rather quickly!
All HTA clubs have received information about how to nominate their Senior and Junior Saturday teams. If you’re keen to play Saturdays, get in touch with your club to secure your place in a team.
If you’re keen on playing Night tennis, the Spring season is just around the corner – contact Rob Chalmers (0404 064 257, email@example.com) for more information about nominating a team, or as an individual.
Newcomers to Hills Tennis are always welcome – checkout the “Clubs” Menu and get in touch with your nearest club to find out how you can get involved in playing this great sport.
The minutes from the recent Junior & Senior Conference are now available. Reminder – all bulk Ball orders are due to the Treasurer by Tuesday 27th August.
Please note important dates regarding nomination of teams for next season:
- Senior teams – to be nominated online through League Manager AND a simple word doc version to be emailed to SAC (Jo Casey) no later than Sunday 15th September 5.00pm. Senior season commences on Sat 12th October.
- Junior teams – nominations forms will be sent out via email from the JAC. All teams to be nominated and sent via email to Jayne Taylor no later than Monday 16th Sept 7.30pm. Junior season commences Fri 18th/Sat 19th October.
It’s time for your club to order the balls required for the 19-20 season. The HTA has again secured a super price from Tucker Tennis at Brighton. Ball orders WITH PAYMENT are to be returned to the Treasurer on or before 27th August.
The Agenda for Monday night’s meeting is right here! Please ensure that your club sends both a Senior and Junior representative. We will be discussing important information regarding the 2019-20 HTA Tennis Season. We look forward to seeing your club’s reps at the conference.
The annual HTA Junior and Senior Conference will be held on Monday 5th August at the Old Mill at 7.15 for a 7.30pm start.
Any suggestions for changes to our current rules, should be sent via your club Secretary or Junior/Senior Coordinator to HTA Senior Activities Chairperson Jo Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Last season’s Rules of Match and Play can be found HERE.
The HTA Management Committee looks forward to seeing your club representatives at the conference.