- If not already received by the HTA, then your Club’s senior, junior, night and midweek nominations are due now, please. See HTA website for more information.
- Juniors start 17th Oct
- Seniors starts 10th Oct
- Other comps TBA
- My Tennis training – 23 Sept Cornerstone College 7pm, please send a rep or two from your Club so you know how to use this software and make the most of it.
- This season you will be able to record your match results on either traditional paper scoresheets, via an iOS or Android phone app, via a mobile device optimised website (windows phones/blackberry, tablet, notebook, iPad etc) or any combination. Those who prefer ‘traditional’ paper based scoring methods will be catered for, those who want to embrace online/live scoring where you enter your match score straight into your phone at the end of each rubber, will now be able to do so for all HTA competitions, starting this season. Those courts with no internet coverage or players who prefer to continue to use paper scoresheets will be able to do so, as they always have. Use of the online scoring via App/Website has been designed to be very simple so that any player or team captain can use it with little training, however, online training links and support resources including phone support will be posted shortly. Where your Club chooses to use live scoring it will allow parents or other club members to monitor the progress of games at other venues via the web and it will minimise score entry administration and reduce paper handling and data re-keying on Sunday nights. It is worth repeating that nobody will be obliged to use the new online scoring apps or online scoring options. The new software will cater for “all paper based scoring”, “all electronic based scoring” or any combination of the two that suits your Club. More info on the new options, to follow prior to season start.
- For those Clubs who don’t have an official single point of contact ‘recorder’ Committee position, can you please give some thought to creating one, either as a primary committee role or as a secondary duty for one of your coordinators. The Club recorder should ideally be someone who is familiar with Club operations and who is comfortable using computers and websites and who will act as a single point of liaison between the HTA and your players and HTA Recording Sub-Committee for the new results recording processes. More information later. Duties may include correcting temporary player names online, checking that entered Club scores from your various divisions are correct, helping players and members at your Club enter and record their scores to ensure the Club gets all the premiership points that they are entitled to each week, representing your Club in the event of scoring disputes etc.
- NEXT season ie 2016/17, we expect to implement online team nominations – directly into the competition (league manager) software. More info to follow.
- Procedures for producing and publishing online our HTA match programmes including court allocations are currently being devised around the new ‘League Manager’ software (replacing the old Results Vault/Competition Manager software). Stay tuned.
- Balls will be available for pickup from Adelaide Hills Storage in Mt Barker on a Sat morning soon. Date TBA shortly. Please do not approach Adelaide Hills Storage directly, HTA will notify your Club when the balls can be collected.
- We have an number of new HTA donors and sponsors. Please support the companies that support you!
- Special mention to Nick Hall Tennis – gold HTA sponsor
- Thanks go to Adelaide Hills Storage (for their donation and help in the logistics of ball receipt, storage and distribution). Really fantastic community minded assistance from Leanne. Please pop in and see her for all your storage needs.
- Thanks go to Manager Tim and the staff at The Haus in Main St Hahndorf. They regularly donate their conference rooms and projector etc for HTA meetings and have waived the $25 projector cost and asked for no room hire payment. Instead of the HTA having to hire a venue for it’s meetings, the only cost to the HTA is the cost of our tea and coffee and we want to express our sincere thanks to the management and owners of The Haus for supporting the HTA in this way. Please support them.
- It’s shaping up to be a great summer of tennis! If you have any questions about the coming HTA season, please contact us via the HTA web site contact form, email, phone etc and we will be happy to assist in any way we can.
All the best to your Club for a great 2015/16 summer tennis season.