As there is a reasonable chance of rain this weekend, we want to clarify wet weather arrangements:
- All teams must make every endeavour to complete the match – this includes the rule about waiting a minimum 30 minutes (Juniors) and 60 minutes (Seniors) after the start time of the match before cancelling the match. Cancelling the match should be an absolute last resort.
- No player can be made to play on a wet court if they are uncomfortable in doing so.
In the event that a match is cancelled:
- Junior matches are to be played at 9.00 am on the Sunday following the match
- Senior matches can be rescheduled with the agreement of both Captains to a time and venue approved by the relevant Committee, but no later than the Wednesday immediately following the finals match. If teams are unable to agree, the relevant Committee will determine this.
- All rescheduled matches must play the same players who were listed to play the original match.
HTA wishes all teams and players the best for the finals series.
Jo Casey (President)